Bladon Springs State Park

3921 Blandon Road, Bladon Springs, AL 36919


Centering around four mineral springs, this 357-acre park in Choctaw County in southwest Alabama provides modern campsites, shelters, tables and grills for daytime and nighttime family outings. The Park is located one mile north of Bladon Springs in southwest Alabama. Opened as a spa in 1838, guests travelled from all over the country to benefit from the "curing" properties of the mineral springs containing sulfur, iron, magnesium, and calcium. A grand Greek Revival style mansion large enough to accommodate 200 people was built in 1846, making it one of the largest wooden hotels built in Alabama. The "health" resort which gained the nickname "Saratoga of the South," stayed open through the Civil War until it closed after the turn of the century when the novelty of mineral springs wore off. The state purchased the property in 1934.

Phone Number:

251-754-9207

Website:

alapark.com/BladonSprings/

Features:

  • Camping

Are we missing something? Click here to submit a park.



Legal Information    |    Contact Us

Copyright © 2020 by Strategic Development Group, Inc. All rights reserved.